Gaming With Small Hands
Your gaming peripherals can have a large impact on the quality of your performance as well as your hand comfort during long periods of gaming. Gaming mice are typically designed for a medium sized hand. However, for many of you with smaller hands, this can decrease performance and be uncomfortable.
Standard gaming mice are built to be between 12-13cm (4.7-5.1 inches) in length. For the purpose of this article, we are going to be discussing gaming mice that are just at, or under the 12cm mark to most appropriately fit users with small hands.
We have put together a list of the top gaming mice for people with small hands. Below, we have our featured favorites including our best wireless, wired, and budget choices.
Logitech G305 LightSpeed Wireless
- HERO Gaming Sensor: Next-gen HERO mouse sensor delivers up to 10x the power efficiency over other gaming mice with exceptional accuracy and responsiveness thanks to 400 IPS precision and up to 12000 DPI sensitivity
- LIGHTSPEED Wireless: Ultra-fast LIGHTSPEED Wireless technology gives you a lag-free gaming experience. The G305 wireless gaming mouse delivers incredible responsiveness and reliability with a super-fast 1ms report rate for competition-level performance
- Ultra-Long Battery Life: The G305 wireless Logitech mouse boasts an incredible 250 hours of continuous gameplay on a single AA battery so you can play at peak performance without worrying about running out of power
Best Wireless Mouse for Small Hands
Our favorite overall gaming mouse for small hands is the Logitech G305 LightSpeed Wireless. It seriously covers so many bases that make it a rock solid option. The length comes in at 116.6mm (4.59 in) so the sizing will be perfect for those with smaller hands. The weight is 99g, and while this isn’t the lightest mouse on our list, this is by no means a heavy mouse.
The G305 comes packed with Logitech’s Hero Sensor, which is an efficient beast that gets up to 12,000 dpi and enables this mouse to have a 250 hour battery life. That’s a ton of gaming hours, and leads us into the next point – this mouse is wireless. Do not worry, though. Logitech’s LightSpeed wireless technology enables a 1000 hz (1ms) report rate, so this will match up exactly with a wired mouse in terms of responsiveness.
The G305 offers on-board memory for 1 profile so you can set the 6 programmable buttons to do what you want. In order to make these adjustments, you will have to use Logitech’s gaming software, Logitech G Hub. The only annoyance is when you initially plug in the mouse and you will get a notification to install the software. After that, the software doesn’t have any annoying notifications and you don’t need to sign up for an account if you don’t want to. The software is pretty intuitive and will do pretty much all you would want.
What we like:
-Great sizing for small hands
-Wireless 1ms response rate
-250 hours of battery life
-Great all around package
Glorious Model O- (Minus)
- SIZE & STYLE: Ambidextrous ultra lightweight gaming mouse ideal for [MEDIUM to LARGE] hands. Built for speed, control, and comfort.
- ULTRA FLEXIBLE CABLE: The weight of our Braided 'Ascended' Cord is so little it produces a drag-free wireless feel.
- MOUSE FEET: Our Glorious Skates are 100% pure Virgin PTFE that will glide like blades on ice
Best Wired Mouse for Small Hands
The Glorious Model O Minus is touted as one of the best mice for gamers with small hands that want a comfortable gaming experience. While it measures 120mm (4.72in) in length, the minus model weighs an astounding 58 grams (2.05oz) due to its trendy honeycomb design. This ultra-lightweight design will surely be a favorite among gamers with smaller hands.
The Model O Minus is really in the premium category because of its price point as a wired mouse. Typically, wired mice are much cheaper than their wireless counterparts. Nonetheless, even at this price the Model O is highly regarded among the gaming community. It is a well made mouse that has respectable clicks with Omron mechanical switches.
On the Model O Minus you’ll find 6 programmable buttons and an RGB strip. Both of which can be adjusted using the Glorious Model O software. This software is quite good as it is user friendly and will accomplish anything you would want with a gaming mouse software. The only drawback is that it’s not compatible with MacOS, so Mac users will unfortunately have to look elsewhere unless they want to borrow their friend’s Windows computer to make adjustments.
What we like:
-Ultra-lightweight 58 grams
-Well made materials
Logitech G203 LightSync
- Worlds NO.1 Best Selling Gaming Gear Brand - Based on independent aggregated sales data (FEB ‘19 - FEB’20) of Gaming Keyboard, Mice, & PC Headset in units from: US, CA, CN, JP, KR, TW, TH, ID, DE, FR, RU, UK, SE, TR
- 8, 000 DPI gaming-grade sensor responds precisely to movements. Customize your sensitivity settings to suit the sensitivity you like with Logitech G HUB gaming software and cycle easily through up to 5 DPI settings.
- Play in color with our most vibrant LIGHTSYNC RGB featuring color wave effects customizable across ~16. 8 million colors. Install Logitech G HUB software to choose from preset colors and animations or make your own. Game-driven, audio visualization and screen mapping options are also available.
Best Budget Mouse for Small Hands
The Logitech G203 LightSync is easily the best budget option on the list. From its stylish design, including flashy RGB, its small size at 116mm (4.56in), and it’s lightweight material weighing in at just 85g (2.99oz). This mouse is specifically designed for gamers with smaller hands and you’d be hard pressed to find a more competitively priced mouse in this category to compare it to.
At this price point, what you get is honestly impressive. Sporting an 8,000 dpi sensor, 6 programmable buttons, and a wired connection with a response rate of 1,000 hz (1ms), it’s really tough to complain about this package. The only aspect that is missing is on-board memory so that you can save your configuration on the mouse, but this feature isn’t to be expected at this price.
Just like the Logitech G305 LightSpeed, the G203 uses the same Logitech G Hub software for a clean and user friendly experience to adjust the buttons and RGB. If you are looking for a cheaper option, the G203 LightSync is a fantastic option to grab.
What we like:
-Competitive budget pricing
-Aesthetic Design and RGB
-Great sizing for small hands
Cooler Master MM711
- Lightweight honeycomb shell: New perforated housing is engineered to be supremely durable and lightweight, meaning you can play longer without fatigue
- Ultra weave cable: Innovative design significantly reduces weight and cable pull while swiping; Fight against your enemies, not cable pull
- Superior mouse feet: PTFE Material provides smooth control with a low friction, consistent glide, 2nd set included
Great Wired Alternative
The Cooler Master MM711 is a great all around alternative to the other mice if you didn’t fancy the first three options. Much like the Glorious Model O Minus, it features a honeycomb design that brings the weight of the mouse to a claimed, less than 60 grams (~2.12oz). This is impressive and will surely make the mouse comfortable in the hand and less stressful on the wrist while gaming.
The MM711 comes in both black or white and offers a matte or glossy exterior finish. It also brings some nice RGB to the wheel and logo of the mouse and the light is shone through a diffuser which gives it an aesthetic look. Under the hood it uses the PixArt PMW3389 sensor which gets up to 16,000 dpi, features a 1,000 hz polling rate and on-board memory.
The MM711 is customized with the MasterPlus software. It’s a pretty standard software solution to adjust buttons, macros, RGB, DPI adjustment, and a few other options. The RGB control isn’t as in-depth as some other software options, but it will certainly get the job done.
What we like:
-High powered PixArt PMW3389 sensor
SteelSeries Rival 3
- Hyper durable materials – Engineered with high-grade polymer for durability
- 60 million click mechanical switches – To feel crisp from the first click to the last
- TrueMove Core optical gaming sensor – True 1-to-1 tracking 8500 CPI, 300 IPS, 35g acceleration
Great Budget Alternative
If the Logitech budget offering isn’t your cup of tea, then the Rival 3 from StealSeries is another great budget option for small hands. Coming in at roughly the same price point as the G203 LightSync, it offers many of the same features packed into the mouse. The Rival 3 comes in at 120.6mm (4.75 in) and weighs 77 grams (2.70 oz). While this isn’t the smallest nor lightest mouse on the list, it does sit well in the hand and will be comfortable for those with smaller hands.
The Rival 3 only offers a matte black finish, but has RGB on the logo as well as a strip along the backside of the mouse. This strip has multiple RGB zones so you will be able to create the color combination you want. It’s sensor has 8,500 dpi, which is very comparable to the G203’s 8,000 dpi in the budget category.
As for the software, the Rival 3 uses SteelSeries Engine 3 to make adjustments. You are able to adjust all the normal settings such as DPI, RGB, button mapping and macros. Engine 3 is suitable to get your basic needs with the mouse done, and that statement pretty much sums up the Rival 3 in one sentence. This is a great, basic mouse that will fill all your needs if you are just looking for a budget gaming mouse for someone with smaller hands.
What we like:
-Great alternative to G203
-Sits well in the hand
-Multiple RGB zones
If all these mice didn’t appeal to you, we have a few honorable mentions that will most likely fit your needs. These didn’t make the cut in our top 5 just because they didn’t appeal to us as much as the other offerings. However, these are definitely worth checking out as well!
If you are a gamer with small hands, then you know the struggle of having a gaming mouse that causes discomfort and performance issues. Follow the measurements and be sure to get a gaming mouse that will fit you properly.